Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sheila Allen's New Personal Blog

Hi Folks,

This is my new blog.

I like to share what's happening with me to friends and anyone who's curious, and I have a lot of overdue personal news (stay tuned). Since I have friends scattered around in different communities and social media sites, I thought it would be nice to put something out on the open internet where it could be linked to from G+, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and the various communities where I participate.

A blog seems to make sense for now, although I'm also kind of excited about the concept of the personal wiki as a way developing, organizing, and sharing personal notes.

Why Google Blogger? 


I prefer open source tools when possible/practical, but I'm not an idealist. Maybe I'll switch later but for now this is easy and quick for me to get up and running. Also, I use a lot of Google tools and they have nice integration, and APIs with a big ecosystem of participating apps. This is not a terribly well informed decision, but I am a busy person and don't have a lot of time to research it right now. Feel free to set me straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment